We are making our VERY own ice cream with our VERY own edible sugar cookie bowls! SAY NO MORE! Oh wait, one more thing. Thank you Salton! *partnership
PS you can also make these into sugar cookies then make ice cream sandwiches!
vanilla maple ice cream with sugar cookie bowls
- Stand mixer or electric mixer
- Salton Waffle Bowl Maker
- Loaf pan (like a banana bread pan)
- Plastic wrap/cling wrap
SUGAR COOKIE DOUGH
- 2 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1 ½ cups white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 splash milk
VANILLA MAPLE ICE CREAM
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla
- ½ tsp salt
Optional maple extract
LET’S MAKE THE ICE CREAM BY MAKING THE WHIPPED CREAM
- In a stand mixer or using an electric mixer on low, then to medium/medium high, whip the cream for about a minute
- After the first minute or so, turn the mixer off, add the vanilla, maple syrup and optional extract plus pinch of salt
- Keep mixing until you see stiff peaks forming – about 4 more minutes
- Once you have stiff peaks, fold in sweetened condensed milk.
- Line a loaf pan with plastic wrap, then transfer mixture to a 9"-x-5" loaf pan and smooth the top. Close the wrap around the mixture, which actually will make it easy to remove from pan. **Could you skip this step? Yes, but you will really need to scoop down in the pan, as opposed to lifting the ice cream "loaf" out to slice or scoop.
- Freeze for a few hours until it’s scoop-able!
NOW LET’S MAKE THE COOKIE DOUGH
- In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a larger bowl with electric mixer, or stand mixer cream the butter and sugar together until super smooth
- Beat in egg and vanilla and salt
- Blend in the dry ingredients until you have a dough
GET YOUR SALTON WAFFLE BOWL MAKER
- Before cooking the non-stick cooking plates must be “seasoned”.
- Brush a small amount of vegetable oil or use a non-stick cooking spray on the cooking plates and wipe off any excess with a paper towel.
- Your Waffle Bowl Maker is now ready to use
- Plug the unit into a 120V AC outlet. The indicator light will come on.
- Close the lid and wait until the light goes off. That means it’s heated and ready to go.
- 50 g of dough is the magic number for the waffle bowl maker
- Form a round disc of sugar cookie dough and place in the bottom of the waffle maker
- Lock the locking clip and cook for 90 seconds.
- Unplug the unit from the wall outlet and open the cover.
- Allow the cookie bowl to cool for 5 to 7 minutes in the Waffle Bowl Maker before removing.
- Carefully take the cookie bowl out of the waffle maker and let cool fully on rack before you fill
- Repeat until you have made enough bowls! Take your time
want more din-spiration?
On a maple kick now? Try these maple sticky snickerdoodles!!
SOO GOOD! Enjoy! Meg xo
WANT TO COOK WITH MEG again? Head to our Cooking Classes to see all the different options! LIVE specialty classes via ZOOM for all ages, COOK AT YOUR OWN PACE packs that allow you to cook completely on your schedule, as well as LOTS of classes and mini camps for your KIDS + TEENS too! Switch up your meal routine and add some new recipes to the rotation! Get ready to have fun learning! I can’t wait to see you back again!