turtle brownies SO DELICIOUS!
Hot, ooey, gooey, chocolatey brownies, dripping with caramel and crunchy pecans. It’s the holiday fave turtles come to life, in brownie form. If you can possibly stand more decadence, top with ice cream and then have a good long nap!
- 8×8 baking dish
- non stick spray or parchment paper
- 1 cup white sugar
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder
- ½ cup butter salter or unsalted
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ cup flour
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 splash good vanilla
- ½ cup whipping cream or heavy cream
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 pinch salt
- ½ cup pecan halves or pieces
- OPTIONAL: ½ cup coconut
- Preheat the oven to 350
MAKE THE CARAMEL
- In a medium saucepan, on medium high heat, add all of the ingredients. Stir until a light boil begins, then take off pan and pour into a waiting mason jar or bowl. Let cool and thicken
MAKE THE BROWNIES
- Line an 8×8 baking dish with parchment or spray the pan liberally.
- Melt your butter.
- In a mixing bowl, add melted butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla (or other extract).
- Mix in your cocoa powder, flour, baking powder and salt.
- Spread the batter into the pan, it's going to be SUPER sticky but get it to all 4 corners.
- Bake for 25 minutes then check center. You want these to be a little ooey gooey. Don't bake more than 30 mins total. **oven temps can vary.
- Take out of the oven, and pour cooled caramel over the top
- Scatter the pecans and optional coconut then let fully cool before you dig in! ENJOY!
want more din-spiration?
Wanting something just as DELICIOUS as these turtle brownies? Check out these amazing smore apple crepe packets! Both of these are perfect treats! Enjoy! Meg xo
Want more cooking and baking? Head to our CLASSES section to see all the different online options! We have LIVE classes via ZOOM on weekdays and weekends for KIDS and TEENS (if you miss a class, simply grab the recording). We have specialty themed classes, mini camps and COOK WITH MEG merchandise is coming! Finally, check out our digital COOK AT YOUR OWN PACE packs that each come with a workbook and 4 recipe videos so you can cook with Meg completely on your schedule! I can’t wait to see you back again!