Let’s turn traditional cheesecake on its head by shrinking it down to muffin cup size! Then we twist them up with super fun colours until they’re swirled and the sassiest tie dyed dessert you ever did eat!
tie dye mini cheesecakes
- Stand mixer or electric hand mixer
- Muffin tin (if you have 2, have them both on hand)
- 12-16 Muffin liners – silicone or foil lined paper cups
- 3-5 cereal bowls- depending on how many colours you want
- Lots of spoons
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- ½ cup melted butter
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 blocks cream cheese softened (each brick is 250g | 8oz)
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp vanilla
- Pick your fave food colouring we like gel colours as they’re super neon and concentrated in colour
- Whipped cream
- In a medium bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs with melted butter and sugar and press into the bottom and up the sides 12 muffin tins. Immediately place your tin into the freezer while we make the filling *You probably will have extra crumbs and mixture, so have an extra muffin tin on hand
- With the stand mixer or electric mixer, cream your softened cream cheese until nice and fluffy without any lumps
- Next, pour in the entire can of sweetened condensed milk, vanilla extract and lemon juice and mix until totally smooth
- Divide the cheesecake filling between AS MANY cereal bowls as you wish to colour, then mix one color into each bowl
- Remove crust from freezer and carefully begin to add spoonfuls of coloured batter into each muffin tin
- Once you have them filled with different colours, use a toothpick or sharp point of a knife and swirl the colours together
- Place your muffin tins back into the freezer until you’re ready to serve
*OPTIONAL: You can pipe whipped cream and add sprinkles when you’re ready to eat them, if you wish!
want more din-spiration?
Looking for a recipe that’s just as fun!? Try, magic custard cake!
SOO GOOD! Enjoy! Meg xo
WANT TO COOK WITH MEG again? Head to our Cooking Classes to see all the different options! LIVE specialty classes via ZOOM for all ages, COOK AT YOUR OWN PACE packs that allow you to cook completely on your schedule, as well as LOTS of classes and mini camps for your KIDS + TEENS too! Switch up your meal routine and add some new recipes to the rotation! Get ready to have fun learning! I can’t wait to see you back again!