Summer egg recipes go hand in hand with warm weather and backyard fun! Although Summer 2020 is shaping up to be quite different than last summer, families are making the most of being “at home”. More backyard fun, more bbq’s and definitely more cooking. Whether you are a seasoned pro or “only in the kitchen because you MUST be“, we’ve provided you with some EGG-spiration in the kitchen, morning, noon, or night!
skillet eggs to start the day!
Let’s start with the power meal of the day, summer breakfast egg ideas! We are #breakingtherules when it comes to what you “should” be eating in the morning. Not only that, have you ever considered switching up the methods of cooking these egg ideas? Induction burner/hot plate! Crock Pot! Instant Pot! BBQ! You don’t have to heat the whole house to make a great meal happen. Here are some of my faves:
- Fried eggs cooked on the BBQ! The great thing about cooking eggs in their own little mini cast iron skillets, you can get creative with your “add-ins” or “accessories” as I like to call them! Set up a few toppings and let everyone create their own skillets – cheese, ham, sausage, crumbled bacon, onions, peppers and more!
- Leftovers Breakfast Hash– this is a good one too because it takes the guesswork out of the morning plan and uses up Friday or Saturday night’s leftovers! Start with 6 eggs, then chop and add in some diced chicken, steak, sausages, cheese and veggies. Even leftover potatoes can make an appearance. AMAZING!
- Egg Crepe Wraps -Think a paper thin crepe, but the only ingredient is an egg! Then roll up and eat on its own, or use this “crepe” as the wrap to your fillings!
Who wants pizza?
I think all hands are in the air when it comes to pizza. ANY time of day, you will get a yes from me, especially when I get to design my own! Pizza doesn’t have to break the bank either. You can make your own crust, then add every conceivable topping option. Including EGGS! Here are some of my FAVE eggy pizza ideas!
- Pizza dough + cream sauce + bacon and onion + mozza + parm + fried eggs. Bake in a really hot oven or BBQ on a stone. CARBONARA CENTRAL!
- Pizza dough + tomato sauce + crumbled sausage + basil + sharp cheddar + fried eggs. YES PLEASE!
- Pizza dough + olive oil + garlic + fried eggs + bacon + sausage + gruyere. BREAKFAST FOR LUNCH!
eggs every night, all night!
Well, we’ve successfully worked eggs into every meal of the day and we are not stopping now! When it comes to dinner egg ideas, of course there is the standard “breakfast for supper” idea with french toast, or eggs and bacon, but have you tried any of these delicious ideas?
- A big juicy bacon cheeseburger with all the toppings, INCLUDING a soft sunny side up egg? Ooey, gooey perfection.
- A big pan of fried rice, using leftover rice, peppers, onions, soy sauce, then scramble in a couple eggs at the end with a pat of butter.
- Street Corn Devilled Eggs make a perfect side dish
- Caesar Inspired Devilled Eggs can start your dinner off right!
- Mexican baked skillet eggs as a twist to Taco Tuesdays
- Bacon, Gouda and Caramelized Onion Frittata…say no more!
Eggs are truly so versatile. The summer is here and we know we are living through unprecedented times, but use this time to get creative. Break the rules, not the bank account!
For MORE EGG-spiration and amazing EGG recipes, check out my friends at Egg Farmers of Alberta!