YES…street corn pasta salad!
All the flavours of street corn, in pasta salad form! Crunchy sweet corn, juicy peppers, creamy lime sugar dressing and the saltiness of bacon makes this salad a meal in itself. AND A HIT, every time!
street corn pasta salad
- Large bowl
- Small bowl
- Frying pan
- Pasta pot
- Cutting board
- 2 cup corn 4 cobs cooked then kernels cut off or use 2 cups frozen- niblets won’t work for this recipe
- 1/2 red pepper
- 2 stalks green onion
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp lime juice fresh or bottled
- 3/4 cup mayo
- 2 tbsp white granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp chili powder optional but YUM!
- 1 pinch cayenne optional for a little heat
OTHER INGREDIENTS YOU WILL NEED
- 3 tsp oil to pan fry the veggies
- 1/2 cup cotija or crumbled feta cheese
- 2 cups cooked pasta bowties and rotini work the best
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro or parsley
- ADD-INS TO MAKE IT A MEAL
- 2 cups grilled and chopped chicken
- 1 cup cooked and chopped bacon
- 1 cup drained black beans canned
- Cut the corn off your cobs, or if you’re using frozen, pan fry with garlic powder, chopped green onion and pepper in a little oil. You only need to pan fry until everything warms through and the onions aren’t as “raw”.
- Place this mixture into a large bowl
- In a small bowl, mix the dressing – mayo, lime juice, chili powder, cayenne, sugar, salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour dressing onto corn mixture and toss to coat.
- Add in your cooled pasta and toss
- Add in any of your optionals, then toss
- Grate or crumble the cheese.
- Top with cilantro or parsley and ENJOY!
- **TIP: If you want MORE dressing, or if you want to let this sit overnight, you can make up more, just cut the dressing recipe in half. It will soak it up a lot.
want more din-spiration?
Need another amazing side dish for your next meal? Then try, the perfect wedding macaroni salad!
SOO GOOD! Enjoy! Meg xo
WANT TO COOK WITH MEG again? Head to our Cooking Classes to see all the different options! LIVE specialty classes via ZOOM for all ages, COOK AT YOUR OWN PACE packs that allow you to cook completely on your schedule, as well as LOTS of classes and mini camps for your KIDS + TEENS too! Switch up your meal routine and add some new recipes to the rotation! Get ready to have fun learning! I can’t wait to see you back again!