YUMMM…strawberry chocolate chimichangas!
These delish flavour packed treats make the PERFECT Valentine’s dessert! The best part, they’re filled with things you might already have in the fridge and pantry!
strawberry chocolate chimichangas
- Stand mixer or electric hand mixer
- Sheet pan
- Parchment paper
- cutting board
- pastry brush
- Spatula + or Whisk
- Frying Pan if you'd prefer to fry yours
- Small saucepan to heat the cream
- ¼ cup Butter for frying
- 1 block cream cheese room temperature
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract You could also use almond extract
- 1½ cups strawberries cut into small pieces/chunks
- ¼ cup white sugar OR powdered sugar/icing sugar
- 6 small soft flour tortillas If you want to make more chimichangas, just have more tortillas on hand!
CHOCOLATE GANACHE TOPPING
- ½ cup chocolate chips semi sweet or milk or dark
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup slivered almonds
- ¼ cup coconut
- In a bowl, combine cream cheese, sour cream, vanilla, and brown sugar. Using either a hand mixer or stand mixer, combine it all until it’s super smooth and creamy.
- Fold in half the chopped strawberries
- Spread mixture evenly down the center of the small flour tortillas and roll up, brushing each one with a little melted butter to “seal” the seam.
- Place seam side down on a foil or parchment covered sheet pan and brush each one with oil. Dust the tortilla in sugar
- Bake at 350 for about 12 minutes until the tortilla is crispy. You could also pan fry them until golden, one or two at a time.
MAKE THE GANACHE
- While the tortillas are baking, melt the whipping cream in a small saucepan over medium heat and then pour over chips in a bowl.
- Let it sit for about a minute then whisk until smooth
- When tortillas are out of the oven, serve warm drizzled with ganache
want more din-spiration?
Want more chocolate goodies? Then you NEED to try triple chocolate drip cake!
SOO GOOD! Enjoy! Meg xo
WANT TO COOK WITH MEG again? Head to our Cooking Classes to see all the different options! LIVE specialty classes via ZOOM for all ages, COOK AT YOUR OWN PACE packs that allow you to cook completely on your schedule, as well as LOTS of classes and mini camps for your KIDS + TEENS too! Switch up your meal routine and add some new recipes to the rotation! Get ready to have fun learning! I can’t wait to see you back again!