Normally we make cornbread with a coarse cornmeal, but this recipe shows how you can transform smooth powdery masa harina into a rich, deep, “corny”, bread that is melt in your mouth delicious. Get ready to transform simple into SCRUMPTIOUS with this Sticky Maple Cornbread!
sticky maple cornbread
- 2C Pyrex Measuring cup
- 8×8 baking dish
- 6 tbsp salted or unsalted butter
- 1 ½ cups Masa Harina
- ½ cup purpose flour
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 ⅓ cups whole milk preferred, but you can use 2% also
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 2 large eggs
- EXTRA: butter and maple syrup
LET’S MAKE THE STICKY MAPLE CORNBREAD!
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Place ½ c butter in an 8×8 square baking dish and put in the oven to melt as the oven preheats. Keep an eye so it doesn’t burn, but we want it nice and bubbly.
- While the butter is melting we want to whisk our dry ingredients in a large bowl and set aside.
- Let's measure the milk and maple syrup and whisk together in a 2C pyrex measuring cup.
- Crack and add your eggs to the measuring cup and whisk it all together with a fork.
- Carefully take the hot pan out of the oven and slowly take out 6 tbsp of the hot melted butter, and put it into a little bowl. We can leave our HOT pan sitting on the stove. **We will be leaving about 2 tablespoons in the bottom of the baking dish.
- Now we want to slowly temper the 6 tbsp of the melted butter into our pyrex (milk, maple syrup, eggs), whisking quickly and pouring slowly so we don’t scramble the eggs.
- Once we get the butter all whisked in, we can combine the wet with the dry ingredients, switching to a spatula and mix just until everything is combined – never over mixing.
- With our spatulas, let’s get every last bit of batter out of the bowl and down into our 8×8 baking dish. Carefully spread it to all 4 corners and then bake at 425 for about 20-25 minutes.
- How do we know it’s ready? The edges should be nice and golden and when we insert a toothpick it will come out clean.
- Carefully cut and serve hot with butter and maple syrup!
Want more dinner ideas, AKA din-spiration?
Did you like the Sticky Maple Cornbread? Why not try Chewy Brownie Cookies?
SOO GOOD! Enjoy! Meg xo
WANT TO COOK WITH MEG again? Head to our Cooking Classes to see all the different options! LIVE specialty classes via ZOOM for all ages, COOK AT YOUR OWN PACE packs that allow you to cook completely on your schedule, as well as LOTS of classes and mini camps for your KIDS + TEENS too! Switch up your meal routine and add some new recipes to the rotation! Get ready to have fun learning! I can’t wait to see you back again!