souper suppers with Salton multi-pot, SO GOOD!
souper suppers with the salton multi-pot®
- 2 tsp oil
- ½ small onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 peeled carrots, chopped
- 1 c cooked and chopped chicken
- 1 KNORR broth pod OR OXO cube
- 2-3 c water OR broth We want nice brothy flavour, so I use a pod + broth. If you just have one or the other that's ok, we can add flavour with seasonings and salt/pepper
- 1/2 c frozen peas OPTIONAL
- 1/2 c frozen corn OPTIONAL
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper
- In your Salton Multi-Pot®, pour the little bit of oil and turn the element on medium high until it starts to fry.
- Saute the onions for a few minutes until they become shiny and translucent.
- Add the chopped onions, carrots and celery.
- Add the thyme and if you’re using the chicken pod or cube, add, break apart and stir.
- You may want to adjust the heat, depending how loud your pot is being
- Shred or cube up your cooked chicken, add to the pot
- Add the water, or broth and stir to combine, then let the soup simmer on medium to medium low for at least an hour until your veggies are tender
- Add corn and peas in, at the last 15 minutes of cooking
- Season as you go with salt and pepper
want more din-spiration?
Wanting something just as PERFECT as this souper suppers with Salton multi-pot? Check out these pot pie with biscuit toppers! Both of these are the best treat! Meg xo
Want more cooking and baking? Head to our CLASSES section to see all the different online options! We have LIVE classes via ZOOM on weekdays and weekends for KIDS and TEENS (if you miss a class, simply grab the recording). We have specialty themed classes, mini camps and COOK WITH MEG merchandise is coming! Finally, check out our digital COOK AT YOUR OWN PACE packs that each come with a workbook and 4 recipe videos so you can cook with Meg completely on your schedule! I can’t wait to see you back again! You can also check out my great friends at Egg Farmers of Alberta, for ALL things eggs! #efa