Perfect for that summer BBQ, ranch it up kabobs!
First we make our OWN homemade ranch dressing, then we skewer kabobs, for the BBQ, grill or in the oven! Tangy, juicy and SUPER summer!
ranch it up kabobs
- 6-8 wooden or metal skewers (soak the wooden ones for at least an hour)
- Large baking dish
- Pastry brush
RANCH DRESSING- this makes about a cup, so you will have lots left over for salad!
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream or greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp milk + a little extra if you want thinner
- 1 tsp lemon juice or vinegar + a little extra if you want tangier
- ½ tsp parsley or dill
- ½ tsp chives
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
MARINADE FOR THE CHICKEN AND VEGGIES
- ½ cup ranch dressing we just made
- ½ cup olive oil
- 3 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
KABOBS- You can also place the chicken, sauce and veggies into a baking dish and bake!
- 1 boneless chicken breast per person unless they’re big, you will only need 3 breasts for 4 ppl cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 sweet bell peppers any color, seeded and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 large red onion or sweet onion cut into 1-inch cubes
- LET'S MAKE THE MARINADE
- In a medium bowl, whisk together marinade ingredients
- IF YOU ARE MAKING KABOBS:
- Pre-soak wooden kabob skewers in water for about 30 minutes before using
- Place chicken chunks and veggies and marinade in a large storage bag or bowl and let hang in fridge until you're ready to skewer
- Alternate threading chicken and vegetables on skewers
TO GRILL: Medium high heat about 10 mins, until the chicken juices run clear, internal temp of 165- turning as they cook
- IF YOU WANT TO BAKE INTO A BAKING DISH
- Combine chicken chunks, veggies and marinade in a bowl and let hang in fridge a little while to really soak in. Then pour into a 9×13 baking dish and bake at 400 for about 35 mins until caramelized
want more din-spiration?
Here is another BBQ meal, honey bbq foil pack dinner!
SOO GOOD! Enjoy! Meg xo
WANT TO COOK WITH MEG again? Head to our Cooking Classes to see all the different options! LIVE specialty classes via ZOOM for all ages, COOK AT YOUR OWN PACE packs that allow you to cook completely on your schedule, as well as LOTS of classes and mini camps for your KIDS + TEENS too! Switch up your meal routine and add some new recipes to the rotation! Get ready to have fun learning! I can’t wait to see you back again!