pumpkin cream cheese cupcakes…GREAT!
Pumpkin spice and everything nice! These pumpkin cream cheese cupcakes are the perfect blend of sweet, tangy, creamy and crumbly! You might be tempted to double the batch as they are absolutely amazing!
pumpkin cream cheese cupcakes
- Muffin tins/liners
- Stand mixer or electric beaters/mixer
FOR THE FILLING
- 1 block or 8oz softened cream cheese
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla or ½ almond extract
FOR THE MUFFINS
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- ½ tsp ground cloves
- 3 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cups sugar
- 250 ml of pumpkin puree NOT PUMPKIN PIE FILLING
- ½c+ 2 tbsp vegetable oil
FOR THE TOPPING
- ¼ cup sugar
- 3 tbsp flour
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp cold butter, cut into pieces
- Preheat the oven to 350 and line your muffin tins with liners, or spray really well
- Let’s make the filling, using electric beaters or stand mixer, mix together the cream cheese, vanilla and powdered sugar. Let hang out until your batter is together. **wash the bowl because we will need it again.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, pumpkin pie spice, salt and baking soda.
- In another bowl (or stand mixer), blend the eggs, sugar, pumpkin puree and oil on low then medium until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients and combine, don’t overmix.
- In another bowl (small is ok), add the sugar, flour and cinnamon and cut with knives, or a pastry cutter, or your hands, quickly, so it’s coarse and crumbly.
- Next we fill the muffin tins! Start with a spoonful in the bottom of each muffin cup. Then a dollop of sweetened cream cheese. Next fill the muffins ¾ of the way full. They will puff up so don’t overfill.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, all ovens are different so watch closely at the 22 min mark. They might need more time. Take out of the oven and let cool! ENJOY!
want more din-spiration?
Wanting something just as FANTASTIC as these pumpkin cream cheese cupcakes? Check out the delicious pumpkin spice latte cake! Both of these are festive perfection! Enjoy! Meg xo
Want more cooking and baking? Head to our CLASSES section to see all the different online options! We have LIVE classes via ZOOM on weekdays and weekends for KIDS and TEENS (if you miss a class, simply grab the recording). We have specialty themed classes, mini camps and COOK WITH MEG merchandise is coming! Finally, check out our digital COOK AT YOUR OWN PACE packs that each come with a workbook and 4 recipe videos so you can cook with Meg completely on your schedule! I can’t wait to see you back again!