PRIVATE: Too Many Tamales- December 5
MONDAY DECEMBER 5- 1pm MST- TAMALE PIE
Inspired by the children’s book Too Many Tamales, a story of a treasure thought to be lost in a batch of tamales; of a desperate and funny attempt by Maria and her cousins to eat their way out of trouble; and the warm way a family pulls together to make it a perfect Christmas after all.
IN THIS CLASS: A tamale is a traditional Mexican dish, made of masa or dough, which is steamed in a corn husk or banana leaf. They can be filled with savoury or sweet fillings and while they’re AMAZING, they do take quite a long time to make. Let’s shortcut the recipe, while merging all the fun flavours into a Tamale Pie casserole bake!
- This is a PRIVATE class and will be recorded
- 2 weeks before each class you will be emailed a GET READY document which includes your tools and ingredients shop list, plus the zoom link.
- Please ensure you have the latest version of Zoom installed on your computer
- This class is 75-90 minutes in length and will include a short lesson before we begin cooking.
- Your kids are encouraged to familiarize themselves with the books as we will begin with a short discussion about the book and how it relates to the recipe.