PRIVATE: Anne of Green Gables- September 19
MONDAY SEPTEMBER 19- 1pm MST- RASPBERRY CORDIAL VICTORIAN SPONGE CAKE
Inspired by Anne of Green Gables, by Lucy Maud Montgomery. Whenever I read or watch Anne of Green Gables, originally published in 1908, I imagine sitting with Anne and Diana, making and then eating these delicious cakes. Spongy and light, filled with jammy goodness and freshly whipped cream. Kindred spirits forever!
IN THIS CLASS: We are going to make a 2 layer sponge cake that is airy and light, and filled with a layer of jam and whipped cream. The cake's name should really be The Royal Victoria Sponge, as its name harkens back to Queen Victoria herself, who was said to enjoy a slice of the delicious cake with her traditional English afternoon tea. ... The initial reason it was distinguished from a simple sponge was due to the invention of baking powder in 1843.
- This is a PRIVATE class and will be recorded
- 2 weeks before each class you will be emailed a GET READY document which includes your tools and ingredients shop list, plus the zoom link.
- Please ensure you have the latest version of Zoom installed on your computer
- This class is 75-90 minutes in length and will include a short lesson before we begin cooking.
- Your kids are encouraged to familiarize themselves with the books as we will begin with a short discussion about the book and how it relates to the recipe.