The perfect tropical dinnertime bowl. Completely customizable to your tastes, juicy chicken, roasted peanuts, fresh crunchy vegetables and a sweet and sour mango dressing puts this over the top!
peanut chicken mango bowls
- Large frying pan
- Cutting board
- 2-3 chicken breasts – you can use whatever protein you have on hand such as tofu, shrimp or even thinly sliced beef
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp oil any oil will do + 1 tbsp extra for frying chicken
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp lime juice
MANGO SAUCE (peach, apricot or pineapple works too)
- ½ cup of mango chutney or preserves if you can’t find mango, choose apricot, peach or pineapple
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 tbsp olive oil avocado oil, or other nutty or fruity oil
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup water or as needed
FOR THE BOWLS
- 1 mango
- 1 seeded cucumber
- 1 red pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- 3 green onion stalks
- ½ cup chopped peanuts
- Salt and pepper
- Bowl base: Choose your fave rice or pasta, or quinoa!
LET’S PREP THE CHICKEN
- Cut the chicken into 1 inch cubes and put into a large bowl
- Add to the bowl, salt and pepper, 2 tbsp soy sauce, 1 tsp sesame oil, 1 tbsp olive oil (any oil will do), 1 tbsp brown sugar, 1 tbsp lime juice
- Stir to combine it all and let hang out as the pan heats up
LET’S MAKE THE DRESSING/SAUCE
- To make little over 1 cup, start with 1/2 cup mango preserves, jam, or chutney
- To that, add rice vinegar, honey, nutmeg, olive oil, salt, pepper and water.
- SHAKE in a mason jar or whisk to combine. Season to taste
LET’S PREP THE VEGGIES
- Cut the veggies and get them prepped for the bowls
- Chop the peanuts and set aside
- Get your rice/side dish ready to go
LET’S COOK THE CHICKEN
- Heat a large frying pan to medium high heat
- When the pan is heated, add 1 tbsp oil (something neutral, grapeseed, canola, avocado, etc)
- Using a slotted spoon gently spoon out your chicken (don’t add too much sauce to the pan, or your chicken will steam, not fry)
- Cook your chicken until fully cooked through, 165F. You may need to do this in batches
LET’S BUILD THE BOWLS
- Layer the bowls with rice, veggies, chicken, and drizzle with mango sauce then top with chopped peanuts! ENJOY!
want more din-spiration?
Want something for dessert? Try this, s’mores waffle bowl sundaes.
SOO GOOD! Enjoy! Meg xo
WANT TO COOK WITH MEG again? Head to our Cooking Classes to see all the different options! LIVE specialty classes via ZOOM for all ages, COOK AT YOUR OWN PACE packs that allow you to cook completely on your schedule, as well as LOTS of classes and mini camps for your KIDS + TEENS too! Switch up your meal routine and add some new recipes to the rotation! Get ready to have fun learning! I can’t wait to see you back again!