UMM…peanut butter cup mousse pie?! YES PLEASE.
Picture this. Peanut butter. Peanut butter cups. Pie. Cheesecake. ALL merged together. YES PLEASE, sign me up!
peanut butter cup mousse pie
- Stand mixer
- Pie plate
FOR THE CRUST
- 2 cups chocolate baking crumbs + a couple tbsp for topping if you can’t find crumbs, you can also use a food processor and chop up chocolate biscuit cookies. You could also use graham cracker crumbs
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 c melted butter- you might need a little extra too if it's still too crumbly
FOR THE FILLING:
- 1 brick/8 ounces/227 grams cream cheese at room temperature
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar icing sugar is the same thing
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
MAKE THE WHIPPED CREAM
- 1 cup whipping cream sometimes called heavy cream (33, 35 36% MF)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp Granulated or powdered sugar
- 2-3 tbsp whipping cream to thin out the filling **optional, use if needed
LET’S TOP THIS PIE- THESE ARE ALL OPTIONAL!
- 2 tbsp melted peanut butter to drizzle
- 2 tbsp melted chocolate chips to drizzle
- Mini Reese’s cups
- Peanut butter chips
- 2 tsp chocolate cookie crumbs
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
FOR THE CRUST
- IF YOU DON’T HAVE CRUMBS: Take your chocolate cookies and using a food processor, break down the chocolate wafers to make a crumb. If you don’t have a food processor you can put them in a large plastic storage bag and ROLL with a rolling pin, until they become crumbs
- In a large bowl, add the melted butter and mix with crumbs and sugar to combine. You want this to be a little damp. If it still feels super dusty and crumbly, you can add a couple extra tablespoons of melted butter.
- Press the buttered crumbs into the bottom of a 9 inch pie plate
- Bake at 325 about 12 minutes, you want to smell chocolate, then take out and let cool. Right now we are just letting this “Set”
LET’S MAKE THE FILLING: 2 Bowls and an electric mixer or stand mixer
- MAKE THE FILLING- In a medium bowl beat the cream cheese, 3/4 cup powdered sugar, and the peanut butter until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. If you want to thin it out a little, add up to 2-3 tbsp of whipping cream. Now let's spread it over the pie crust.
- NOW LET'S MAKE THE WHIPPED CREAM- Let’s make the whipped cream – In a large bowl with an electric mixer whip the cream with vanilla and 2 tbsp powdered sugar until stiff peaks form.
- Now let's top our PB pie with the whipped cream!
- LET'S DECORATEDrizzle with melted peanut butter and melted chocolate, Top with peanut butter chips and cups and freeze a couple hours.
- SERVE COLD, from the fridge or even better from the freezer!
want more din-spiration?
NEED more pie? Enjoy these, Apple Pie Mini Tacos!
SOO GOOD! Enjoy! Meg xo
WANT TO COOK WITH MEG again? Head to our Cooking Classes to see all the different options! LIVE specialty classes via ZOOM for all ages, COOK AT YOUR OWN PACE packs that allow you to cook completely on your schedule, as well as LOTS of classes and mini camps for your KIDS + TEENS too! Switch up your meal routine and add some new recipes to the rotation! Get ready to have fun learning! I can’t wait to see you back again!