old fashioned glazed donut…muffins?! YUM
old fashioned glazed donut… muffins!
- 2 large eggs
- 2¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 2½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1½ cups powdered sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 1⅛ tbsp vanilla
- ½ cup butter, unsalted
- 2½ tbsp milk or cream
- 1 cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly grease 12 muffin cups or cupcake liners with vegetable cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together the flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda and sugar. Make a well in the center.
- In a small mixing bowl whisk the eggs until blended. Add the sour cream, melted butter and vanilla. Fold together with a spatula until blended. Pour the sour cream mixture into the flour mixture. Fold with the spatula until the dry ingredients are just moistened.
- Divide the mixture between the 12 muffin wells. I use an ice cream scoop to portion out the batter taking care to leave it mounded so the muffins will have nice round tops. Set the unbaked muffins aside for 15-20 minutes before baking.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 16 to 20 minutes or until light golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with no wet batter. Cool the muffins in the pan on a rack for 5 minutes, then remove to a wire rack to cool. The muffins can be slightly warm when glazed.
- Whisk together the glaze ingredients and place in a small deep bowl. Dip the tops of the muffins into glaze, covering the muffin top completely. Allow the glaze to dry until just set. This won’t take long.
want more din-spiration?
Wanting something just as amazing as these old fashioned glazed donut…muffins? Check out these sticky snicker doodles! Both of these are the best treat! Meg xo
Want more cooking and baking? Head to our CLASSES section to see all the different online options! We have LIVE classes via ZOOM on weekdays and weekends for KIDS and TEENS (if you miss a class, simply grab the recording). We have specialty themed classes, mini camps and COOK WITH MEG merchandise is coming! Finally, check out our digital COOK AT YOUR OWN PACE packs that each come with a workbook and 4 recipe videos so you can cook with Meg completely on your schedule! I can’t wait to see you back again! You can also check out my great friends at Egg Farmers of Alberta, for ALL things eggs! #efa