mmm…lemon cream cheese bars!
Luscious tangy cream cheese paired with lemon and sugared graham cracker base. What more do we need to say? YES YES YES! Think cheesecake meets lemon squares. DELISH!
lemon cream cheese bars
- Stand mixer or electric hand mixer
- 8×8 baking dish
- Parchment or tin foil
- Non Stick Spray
- Bowls for crust + filling
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- ½ cup butter
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 pkg cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup lemon juice- fresh or from a bottle
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 4 tsp baking powder
- Powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F
- Spritz an 8×8 pan with nonstick spray or butter, then line with parchment (unless you want to cut/serve out of pan, then you can skip the parchment step.
- In a small bowl, combine graham crackers, melted butter and sugar. Mix to combine then press into the bottom of your pan.
- In a large bowl with electric hand mixer, or stand mixer, Beat the cream cheese on medium-high speed in the bowl of an electric mixer until fluffy.
- Add white sugar until super smooth and very well blended.
- One by one, egg eggs.
- Add flour.
- Blend in lemon juice, lemon zest, and baking powder.
- Pour the lemony filling over the top of the graham cracker crust and let bake about 25-30 mins until the filling is set, but still a tiny bit jiggly in the centre (NOT MUCH, just a little).
- Then take out of the oven, let cool, then pop into the fridge until SUPER cooled.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar right after you cut them, or right before you serve them!
want more din-spiration?
Did you love these lemon cream cheese bars? Then try creme-brulee for your next dessert treat!
SOO GOOD! Enjoy! Meg xo
WANT TO COOK WITH MEG again? Head to our Cooking Classes to see all the different options! LIVE specialty classes via ZOOM for all ages, COOK AT YOUR OWN PACE packs that allow you to cook completely on your schedule, as well as LOTS of classes and mini camps for your KIDS + TEENS too! Switch up your meal routine and add some new recipes to the rotation! Get ready to have fun learning! I can’t wait to see you back again!