The perfect treat? These hot chocolate cookie bars!
We take the flavours of yummy hot chocolate and merge them into a pan of squares. Rich, chocolaty, marshmallow goodness!
hot chocolate cookie bars
- 9×13 baking dish
- Parchment paper
- non stick spray (if you want to lift them out)
- ½ cup butter, melted
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1¾ cup flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 4 oz semisweet baking chocolate, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degree.
- Spray a 13×9 in baking dish with non stick spray or butter and parchment paper if you wish to lift them out of the pan once cooled.
- In a large bowl mix butter and sugars until completely combined, then mix in the egg and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl combine flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, salt and cornstarch.
- Combine dry ingredients with the wet ingredients and watch it all become a nice chocolate dough.
- Mix in the chocolate chips and press into the baking dish evenly. Bake for 15 to 18 minutes. **oven times vary
- Get your marshmallows ready to go as soon as the bars come out of the oven
- You can also get your chips melted in a microwave safe bowl or measuring cup in the last few minutes before the bars come out of the oven, so you’re ready to drizzle
- As soon as you pull the cookie bars out of the oven gently press marshmallows using a spatula, into the top of the bars. You don’t want to totally crush them in, but press into the soft tops of the bars.
- Cool in the baking dish for 10 to 15 minutes, then drizzle with melted chocolate
want more din-spiration?
Wanting to enjoy some more chocolate after these hot chocolate cookie bars, give this chocolate bark mini buttons recipe a go!
SOO GOOD! Enjoy! Meg xo
WANT TO COOK WITH MEG again? Head to our Cooking Classes to see all the different options! LIVE specialty classes via ZOOM for all ages, COOK AT YOUR OWN PACE packs that allow you to cook completely on your schedule, as well as LOTS of classes and mini camps for your KIDS + TEENS too! Switch up your meal routine and add some new recipes to the rotation! Get ready to have fun learning! I can’t wait to see you back again!