These chocolate chip cookies are fantastic on their own. BUT, we are taking them next level with all the holiday mix ins we can get our hands on! Chips, pretzels, holiday candy and more. A true holiday explosion of deliciousness!
Holiday Explosion Cookies are so good
Leftover Christmas chocolate? Pretzels? M&Ms? Add them in! Let’s load our cookies until they almost explode with goodness. This is such a flexible recipe, starting with a basic chocolate chip cookie. Take a peek through the pantry, or the stockings to see what you’re willing to add in! Mix and match until you get to 2 1/2 cups and you’re all set! You can even divide the dough into a couple bowls and let the kids choose their own mix ins. Custom cookies, YES PLEASE!
TOOLS USED IN THIS RECIPE
Stand Mixer or Electric hand mixer
*SPECIAL TOOLS MEG USES IN THIS RECIPE: *This post contains affiliate links which means I earn a small commission if you purchase through one of my links at absolutely no additional cost to you.
Holiday Explosion Cookies
- Sheet pan
- Parchment paper
- Electric mixer or stand mixer
COOKIE DOUGH INGREDIENTS
- 2 1/2 cups total PICK YOUR FAVE Mix Ins – White, Milk, Dark or Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips, Peanut Butter chips, Butterscotch Chips, Potato Chips, Dried Cranberries, Pretzels, Skor Toffee Bits, Nuts, Red and Green M&Ms, Shredded Coconut, Christmas Sprinkles
- 2 c all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 c softened room temperature butter salted or unsalted
- 1/2 c brown sugar
- 1 c granulated white sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp vanilla
- YOUR 2 1/2 C mix-ins (see above)
PREHEAT THE OVEN TO 350F
- Line your sheet pans with parchment
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together all your dry ingredients until they are thoroughly mixed. Set aside.
- In the stand mixer bowl, or bowl with electric mixer cream your butter and sugar together for at least 3-4 minutes.
- Scrape down the sides, then add your egg, and vanilla and continue to whip for another 4 minutes. Scrape as you go.
- Add in your dry ingredients and mix to combine – LITERALLY only for about 30 seconds max, until you can no longer see the flour.
- Add in your mix ins, combine for only 10 seconds or so, you can even choose to blend by hand.
- Chill the cookie dough for an hour.
- Scoop out onto a cookie sheet, 2 inches apart and bake each tray for 12-14 minutes until the edges are crispy and the centres are a little gooey.
want more din-spiration?
Did you enjoy our Holiday Explosion Cookies? WE LOVE THEM! If you want to make another amazing holiday dessert, try our Gingerbread Pudding Cake. Warm gingerbread all baked into an 8×8 baking dish, covered in a sticky caramel sauce that forms WHILE it’s baking! This is one for the books!
SOO GOOD! Enjoy! Meg xo
WANT TO COOK WITH MEG again? Head to our Cooking Classes to see all the different options! LIVE specialty classes via ZOOM for all ages, COOK AT YOUR OWN PACE packs that allow you to cook completely on your schedule, as well as LOTS of classes and mini camps for your KIDS + TEENS too! Switch up your meal routine and add some new recipes to the rotation! Get ready to have fun learning! I can’t wait to see you back again!