gingerbread pudding cake SO GOOD!
There is something magical about warm gingerbread cake. I grew up eating it at my grandmother’s, over the holidays. Soft, warm and gingery, with cinnamon and cloves, it just melts in your mouth. Gingerbread pudding cake will truly be one of the best desserts I have ever eaten, and the best part? It’s not fancy! It’s homemade, with love. And topped with whipped cream. SO GOOD!
gingerbread pudding cake
- 8×8 baking dish
- stand mixer or electric beater/mixer
- non stick spray or parchment paper
- 1¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp allspice
- ¼ tsp clove
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ cup butter, room temperature
- ¼ cup granulated white sugar
- 2 tbsp beaten eggs basically, beat 1 egg, then measure out 2 tbsp of it
- ½ cup molasses
- ½ cup water
- ¾ cup packed light brown sugar
- 1½ cup hot water
- 5 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
SERVE WITH WHIPPED CREAM
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Butter or spray an 8×8 baking dish
- Whisk together the flour, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, cloves and salt in a medium sized bowl and set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, or stand mixer, mix ¼ c butter with ¼ c white sugar until well blended.
- Add in the beaten egg.
- In a measuring cup, stir together the molasses and ½ c water.
- Start to combine the ingredients to the stand mixer or bowl with electric mixer, a little at a time. Flour mixture, then molasses/water mixture…repeat until everything is into the main bowl.
- Pour the batter into the 8×8 pan, then sprinkle the top with brown sugar
- In a measuring cup *you can use the one that had the molasses, stir together 1 ½ c of hot water with melted butter. Carefully pour over top of batter.
- Bake about 45 mins until it’s cracked on top.
- Serve warm with whipped cream
want more din-spiration?
Wanting something just as AMAZING as these gingerbread pudding cake? Check out these delicious churro cupcakes! Both of these are sweet perfection! Enjoy! Meg xo
Want more cooking and baking? Head to our CLASSES section to see all the different online options! We have LIVE classes via ZOOM on weekdays and weekends for KIDS and TEENS (if you miss a class, simply grab the recording). We have specialty themed classes, mini camps and COOK WITH MEG merchandise is coming! Finally, check out our digital COOK AT YOUR OWN PACE packs that each come with a workbook and 4 recipe videos so you can cook with Meg completely on your schedule! I can’t wait to see you back again!