These overstuffed Eat Your Veggies Burgers are a definite make again. Rich, flavour packed and filled with protein, you might not even miss the meat…Eat your veggies!
TOOLS MEG USES IN THIS RECIPE
*Some of these products contain an affiliate link to Amazon. By no means do you need these exact products but we wanted to provide links. As an affiliate I earn a small commission if you purchase through one of my links at absolutely no additional cost to you.
Parchment paper (you could also use tin foil + non stick spray)
Large bowl to mix it all together
eat your veggies burgers
- Half sheet pan
- Parchment paper or tin foil
- Large bowl to mix it all together
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 medium carrot
- 1 cup broccoli
- 1 small onion
- ½ cup grated and drained zucchini
- 1 can drained black beans around 398 ml
- ½ cup chopped pecans or walnutus
- 1 cup chopped fresh spinach
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped parsley
- ¾ cup panko breadcrumbs we want the crunch from the panko
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 large eggs
- 2 tsp tomato paste
- 1 cup cooked and cooled brown rice
- 1 tsp garlic powder you could also roast 1 clove of garlic with the veggies if you prefer, then mince
- 1 tsp paprika
- salt and pepper
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp oil plus extra for frying
- In a large bowl toss mushrooms, carrot, onion, and broccoli, with 2 tbsp of oil, pinch of salt, pinch of pepper and scatter on a large sheet pan covered in foil.
- Roast the veggies at 400F for about 25-30 mins or until they start to get golden.
- While the veggies are roasting we will grate and squeeze the excess moisture out of the zucchini, and set aside.
- Next let's drain the black beans and mash in a large bowl with a fork, or potato masher.
- Chop up your nuts into little bits. Add to large bowl. (do not mix)
- Add the zucchini to the bowl. (do not mix)
- Chop your spinach and parsley into little bits. Add to large bowl. (do not mix)
- Once the veggies finish roasting, using a spatula, scrape all the veggies down onto a cutting board and chop everything to little bits. If you have a food processor, you could also pulse until they’re minced together. Add to bowl.
- To the bowl, add remaining spices, bread crumbs, whisked eggs, parmesan cheese, tomato paste, balsamic and spices
- Gently mix then form into patties, you should probably get about 8. Do not overmix, we want them to form, but also to remain nice and tender. Chill in the fridge.
COOKING STOVE TOP:
- Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a frying pan or skillet on medium to medium high and fry gently on each side, about 3-4 mins on each side until crispy. Drain on a paper towel, dress your buns then serve!
COOKING ON THE BBQ:
- Cook cold, straight from fridge. Brush BBQ and Veggie patties with oil. Heat BBQ to medium high. Cook 4 minutes each side until a nice dark crust forms.
Want more dinner ideas, AKA din-spiration?
Did you love our Eat Your Veggies Burgers? Try our Family Flatbread Pizzas!
SOO GOOD! Enjoy! Meg xo
WANT TO COOK WITH MEG again? Head to our Cooking Classes to see all the different options! LIVE specialty classes via ZOOM for all ages, COOK AT YOUR OWN PACE packs that allow you to cook completely on your schedule, as well as LOTS of classes and mini camps for your KIDS + TEENS too! Switch up your meal routine and add some new recipes to the rotation! Get ready to have fun learning! I can’t wait to see you back again!