Sometimes the very best thing to eat, is not complicated at all. Custard French Toast is creamy, crunchy, buttery and eggy, with endless topping options. Dig in soon and make extra!
Custard French Toast
- Large frying pan
- Nice broad spatula
- 8 slices thick sliced crusty bread
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup half and half or whipping cream
- 2 tbsp granulated white sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 c melted butter + more for frying
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- cinnamon sugar, whipped cream, berries, warm maple syrup
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, cream, sugar, vanilla, salt, spices until foamy and frothy.
- You can assemble and dredge in a pie plate, or a baking dish, or leave the egg mixture in the big bowl, your choice.
- One by one, dip your bread down into the egg, gently pressing it, so they get soaked through.
- Heat a large skillet or frying pan on medium heat, and add 2 tbsp of butter. Once melted, fry slices 2 at a time until golden brown, then flip to cook the other side.
- Serve with whipped cream, fruit, cinnamon sugar, syrup etc.
want more recipes?
If you LOVED this french toast, why not take it to the next level with our brunch bakes!
SOO GOOD! Enjoy! Meg xo
WANT TO COOK WITH MEG again? Head to our Cooking Classes to see all the different options! LIVE specialty classes via ZOOM for all ages, COOK AT YOUR OWN PACE packs that allow you to cook completely on your schedule, as well as LOTS of classes and mini camps for your KIDS + TEENS too! Switch up your meal routine and add some new recipes to the rotation! Get ready to have fun learning! I can’t wait to see you back again!