I LOVE a good chocolate eclair, but it’s a big project to tackle. Then I discovered you can get all the fun flavours in a no bake version anytime you want! Be sure to bring a crowd, this makes a LOT.
chocolate eclair cake
- 9×13 baking dish
- Non Stick Spray
- Stand mixer or electric mixer
- Measuring cups + spoons
- 1 box graham crackers
- 2 cup milk whole or 2% works best
- ½ cup white sugar
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla use the good stuff if you have it!
- 1.5 tbsp butter
- 2 c heavy whipping cream 33%, 35%, 36% milk fat
- 3 tbsp powdered sugar
- Pinch salt
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream 35 or 36% milk fat
LET’S MAKE THE PUDDING
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the cornstarch, sugar and salt. Set aside.
- In medium saucepan over medium heat, stir your milk until it starts to bubble, but be sure it’s not totally boiling
- Working a little at a time, pour the cornstarch/sugar mixture into the hot milk, whisking at all times
- Don’t walk away, this is where you’ll continue to stir until you can see the pudding start to thicken up. Dip your spoon then turn it over. Draw your finger down the back of the spoon and if the pudding doesn’t slip back together, you’re good!
- Do not boil. Remove from heat, stir in vanilla and butter.
- Let it hang out to cool while we get everything else ready
MAKE THE WHIPPED CREAM
- In a large bowl with electric mixer or bowl of the stand mixer, add 2 cups of heavy whipping cream, 3 tbsp of powdered sugar, vanilla and pinch of salt
- Whip until stiff peaks form, about 4-5 minutes. *If you go too far, you get butter so be mindful you don’t go overboard
MAKE THE GANACHE
- Place chocolate chips in a medium bowl.
- In a small saucepan bring cream just to a simmer, stirring the whole time. You could also heat the cream in the microwave 30 seconds at a time on high until your cream is simmering and steamy.
- Pour over the chocolate chips; let stand 5 minutes.
- Stir with a whisk until smooth. Stir in vanilla.
- Cool to room temperature, stirring occasionally.
FOLD THE WHIPPED CREAM INTO THE PUDDING TO MAKE “MOUSSE”
- Once the whipped cream is made and the vanilla pudding is cooled, fold them together in the bigger bowl so you have a fluffy, creamy mousse filling.
TIME TO BUILD THE ECLAIR SQUARES!
- Spritz a 9×13 pan with nonstick spray
- Place an even layer of graham crackers into the bottom of the pan, covering the bottom.
- Spread a layer of mousse.
- More crackers.
- More mousse.
- More crackers.
- Pour and then carefully spread the ganache over the top and refrigerate for a few hours before slicing and eating.
want more din-spiration?
Are you a chocolate lover? You have to make this double chocolate cobbler!
SOO GOOD! Enjoy! Meg xo
WANT TO COOK WITH MEG again? Head to our Cooking Classes to see all the different options! LIVE specialty classes via ZOOM for all ages, COOK AT YOUR OWN PACE packs that allow you to cook completely on your schedule, as well as LOTS of classes and mini camps for your KIDS + TEENS too! Switch up your meal routine and add some new recipes to the rotation! Get ready to have fun learning! I can’t wait to see you back again!