Fajitas foil packet style! Portion these out, take them camping or just have a summertime cookout in the backyard bbq! Southwest flavours, fresh and filling!
chicken fajita foil pack
- Cutting board
- Tin Foil- we will need 8 pieces that are 12×12 each to make 4 packets
- Non Stick Spray
- 2-3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 onion
- ¼ cup oil – any type will do
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp oregano
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 8 soft tortilla wraps
- 1 cup grated cheese
OPTIONAL TOPPINGS – PICK YOUR FAVES
- 1 cup shredded lettuce + 1 cup cherry tomatoes if you like them
- Sour cream
MAKE THE MARINADE
- In a large bowl, add all the spices to the oil and soy sauce, then whisk to combine
PREP THE CHICKEN
- Cut your chicken into thin strips and add to the marinade bowl.
- Stir to combine and let sit for a few minutes to blend together
LET’S MAKE THE PACKETS
- Lay 4 squares of tin foil down on the counter
- Lay 4 squares on top, so we have a double layer
- Liberally spray with nonstick spray leaving a border around the edges
- Portion out between four 12×12 inch pieces of foil
- Wrap up the packets tightly pinching all the seams together
- Pierce top of foil once or twice with a fork to vent steam
TO THE GRILL:
- Grill over medium high heat for about 20 minutes, turning over every 4-5 minutes until the chicken is cooked through, to 165F. About 20-30 mins.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and bake on 2 sheet pans for about 25-30 mins. Again, check them to ensure chicken is fully cooked.
**BE CAREFUL WHEN CHECKING AND OPENING THESE PACKETS AS THERE WILL BE LOTS OF MOISTURE
want more din-spiration?
Try this one for your next cook out, pineapple bbq meatballs!
SOO GOOD! Enjoy! Meg xo
WANT TO COOK WITH MEG again? Head to our Cooking Classes to see all the different options! LIVE specialty classes via ZOOM for all ages, COOK AT YOUR OWN PACE packs that allow you to cook completely on your schedule, as well as LOTS of classes and mini camps for your KIDS + TEENS too! Switch up your meal routine and add some new recipes to the rotation! Get ready to have fun learning! I can’t wait to see you back again!