Everything you want in a cheeseburger, tucked neatly into a meatball, and a foil pack! Perfect for the backyard grill, or pack up and take camping! All you need are the buns and you’re good to go!
cheeseburger meatball foil packs
- Box grater
- Cutting board
- Tin Foil- we will need 8 pieces that are 12×12 each to make 4 packets
- Non Stick Spray
- Pastry or bbq brush
- 1 lb lean ground beef you can also use ground chicken, turkey or VPS
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp dried basil
- 2 tbsp fresh chopped parsley
- 3/4 cup panko Italian style crispy bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp grated onion use a small onion and box grater
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 egg
- 12 little cheese balls either mini cocktail bocconcini or 12 little cubes of cheddar
- ½ cup ketchup
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp yellow mustard
- 2 tbsp relish
- ½ tsp pepper
- In a large bowl, mix beef, bread crumbs, onion, salt and egg. We want to blend it all together but not overmix. The more you mix the tougher they become
- Shape mixture into 12 (2-inch) balls. Press 1 cheese ball into the center of each meatball, sealing it inside.
- Lay 4 squares of tin foil down on the counter
- Lay 4 squares on top, so we have a double layer
- Liberally spray with nonstick spray leaving a border around the edges
- Portion out between four 12×12 inch pieces of foil (we will double this foil, so each packet will be a double layer of 2 pieces of 12×12 foil)
- Pull up all 4 sides of each sheet of foil to create a little wall on all 4 sides
- Spoon the burger sauce over the meatballs, evenly into the 4 packets
- Wrap foil securely around mixture
- Pierce top of foil once or twice with a fork to vent steam.
GRILL- Place packs on a 350 grill seam sides up over medium heat. Cover grill; cook 20 to 25 minutes or until meatballs are thoroughly cooked and no longer pink in center.
OVEN- Place the foil packs on 2 sheet pans and bake at 375 for about 25 minutes until meatballs are fully cooked through (165F)
HOW TO SERVE:
- Serve on rice, or with toothpicks as appetizers. You can also serve in split hot dog rolls, or a couple into a hamburger or slider bun with your typical cheeseburger toppings!
want more din-spiration?
Loving the foil packs? Test this one out, Foil Pack BBQ Chicken Dinner!
SOO GOOD! Enjoy! Meg xo
WANT TO COOK WITH MEG again? Head to our Cooking Classes to see all the different options! LIVE specialty classes via ZOOM for all ages, COOK AT YOUR OWN PACE packs that allow you to cook completely on your schedule, as well as LOTS of classes and mini camps for your KIDS + TEENS too! Switch up your meal routine and add some new recipes to the rotation! Get ready to have fun learning! I can’t wait to see you back again!