caramel apple chips and dip SO AMAZING!
Want to impress your guests and family? Whip up a batch of this popular apple cream cheese dip, but with a next level twist: homemade cinnamon chips and homemade salted caramel sauce! Tart apples, creamy dip and crunchy cinnamon chips make this dish the first one to be empty!
caramel apple chips and dip
- 8×8 baking dish
- Stand mixer or electric beaters/mixer
- 2 blocks softened cream cheese 16oz
- 1 cup powdered sugar/icing sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 apples- cut into small dice
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 cup skor toffee bits
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 splash good vanilla
- ½ cup whipping or heavy cream
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1 pinch salt
- 4 large flour tortillas
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup granulated white sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350
- Combine the cinnamon and the sugar in a small bowl, mix to combine
- Stack and cut your tortillas into triangles, then brush each chip with melted butter, then sprinkle with cinnamon sugar
- Bake on a sheet pan on parchment for about 10 mins until crunchy and golden. Take off the sheet pan to cool.
MAKE THE CARAMEL
- In a medium saucepan combine all the sauce ingredients and stir just until it boils. Keep stirring another couple mins then pour into a mason jar or a bowl to cool
- Dice the apples into small chunks and toss with 1 tsp of lemon juice
- Beat the cream cheese in a stand mixer or a large bowl with a hand mixer until nice and smooth.
- Add the powdered sugar, vanilla and blend
- Take an 8×8 baking dish or pie plate, spread half the the sweetened cream cheese into an even layer in the bottom of the dish
- Scatter all your apple chunks across the top of the dish
- Spread the rest of the cream cheese on top…then level it off so it’s as smooth as you can get it (don’t worry if it’s not perfect).
- Pour the cooled caramel over the top
- Sprinkle toffee bits over the whole pan, dunk with cinnamon chips!
want more din-spiration?
Wanting something just as FANTASTIC as these caramel apple chips and dip? Check out these delicious apple pie mini tacos! Both of these are perfect for apple lovers! Enjoy! Meg xo
Want more cooking and baking? Head to our CLASSES section to see all the different online options! We have LIVE classes via ZOOM on weekdays and weekends for KIDS and TEENS (if you miss a class, simply grab the recording). We have specialty themed classes, mini camps and COOK WITH MEG merchandise is coming! Finally, check out our digital COOK AT YOUR OWN PACE packs that each come with a workbook and 4 recipe videos so you can cook with Meg completely on your schedule! I can’t wait to see you back again!