These blueberry graham cracker bars are bursting with summer sweet blueberries and make the PERFECT ooey gooey summer treat!
blueberry graham cracker bars
- 9×13 pan
- Pastry cutter or 2 butter knives
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour can use GF 1-1 baking mix
- 1 ½ cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup butter chilled and cut into cubes
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- 4 cups fresh blueberries at room temperature
MAKE THE CRUST
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Let’s prepare the pan, by spraying a 9×13 pan with nonstick spray and if you like, line with parchment as well
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together graham crumbs, flour, 1/2 cup granulated sugar, brown sugar, baking powder and salt
- In a smaller mixing bowl, whisk together egg and vanilla until frothy
- Next up let’s combine it all. Add your egg + vanilla, your cold cubes of butter and your flour mixture together, then “cut it” with a pastry cutter or 2 butter knives, until it’s like coarse crumbles.
- USE HALF, SAVE HALF: Press 1/2 of the mixture evenly into the prepared baking dish.
PREP THE FILLING
- In the bowl we just emptied, whisk the sugar and cornstarch, then stir in the lemon juice and add blueberries and toss together
- In an even layer add the blueberries to the crust, then sprinkle the rest of the topping and bake about 35 minutes
- We are looking for golden brown, with blueberries beginning to be a little oozy. They can be a little jiggly in the center, but we want them “set”. Let them fully cool before we even think of cutting them
want more din-spiration?
Want more berry goodies? How about, summer berry slush!
SOO GOOD! Enjoy! Meg xo
WANT TO COOK WITH MEG again? Head to our Cooking Classes to see all the different options! LIVE specialty classes via ZOOM for all ages, COOK AT YOUR OWN PACE packs that allow you to cook completely on your schedule, as well as LOTS of classes and mini camps for your KIDS + TEENS too! Switch up your meal routine and add some new recipes to the rotation! Get ready to have fun learning! I can’t wait to see you back again!