We promise these burgers will satisfy even the pickiest eaters. Creamy mozzarella and tangy parmesan cheese peeking through a beef and sausage patty, grilled to perfection. Topped with an epic burger sauce that’s also great for dipping fries, get ready for the perfect patio picnic!
best backyard burgers
- Cutting board
- Plate + cling wrap
- Medium saucepan
- Tin foil
- 1 lb lean ground beef usually in a 450-454g package
- 1/4 lb Italian sausage you could take 2 links out of their casing, or use ½ a package of sausage meat
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 drizzle olive oil
BUN BUTTER SEASONING
- Burger buns
- 2 tbsp butter
BEST BURGER SAUCE
- 3/4 cup mayo
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- ¼ cup chopped pickles
- 1 tbsp mustard
- ¼ cup ketchup
- 1 tsp honey
- Pinch salt
- Pinch pepper
MAKE THE BURGER PATTIES
- Add the ground beef and sausage meat to a large bowl. Gently combine the meat mixture and sprinkle in ¼ c parmesan cheese and mozzarella cheese.
- Mix again and then carefully shape into 4-5 patties. Cover with cling wrap and pop into the fridge if you're not cooking these right away
TO THE GRILL (or frying pan)
- Turn the GRILL heat to medium high and place each patty on the grill for approximately 4 minutes per side. You want an internal temperature of 165F, it really depends on the size of the patties.
- Once the burgers are cooked completely through, brush each bun with the seasoned butter and then grill for just a few seconds until they’re warm.
MAKE THE BURGER SAUCE
- Chop the pickles and mix all the ingredients together
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving
- TOP the burgers with the burger sauce and any other burger toppings you wish!
**YOU CAN ALSO COOK THESE ON THE STOVETOP IN A LARGE FRYING PAN ON MEDIUM TO MEDIUM HIGH. THEY CAN BE COOKED LOW AND SLOW UNTIL FULLY COOKED THROUGH, OR YOU CAN START ON THE STOVE, THEN FINISH IN THE OVEN IN AN OVEN SAFE PAN OR DISH. (350 FOR ABOUT 15-20 MINUTES)
want more din-spiration?
You’ll probably want to add this on the side, southern baked mac and cheese!
SOO GOOD! Enjoy! Meg xo
WANT TO COOK WITH MEG again? Head to our Cooking Classes to see all the different options! LIVE specialty classes via ZOOM for all ages, COOK AT YOUR OWN PACE packs that allow you to cook completely on your schedule, as well as LOTS of classes and mini camps for your KIDS + TEENS too! Switch up your meal routine and add some new recipes to the rotation! Get ready to have fun learning! I can’t wait to see you back again!