So much ENERGY in these,banana bread energy bites!
Energy bites, energy balls, BOTH have the same result. They give you energy, make a great “in between meals” or the perfect snack! We love these little portable treats and know you will have fun customizing them to fit your tastes! Feel free to mix and match!
banana bread energy bites
- Sheet pan
- Parchment or tin foil
- Non Stick Spray
- OPTIONAL: Food processor
- 2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- ½ cup mashed banana 1 medium banana
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- ½ cup almonds + ½ cup pecans or peanuts
- ⅓ cup maple syrup or honey
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp salt
OPTIONAL ADD INS
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- ½ cup coconut
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp flax seeds
- If you are using a bowl, start by mashing your banana in the bottom of the bowl with a fork.
- Next add the rolled oats and stir to combine.
- Add almonds, pecans, cinnamon, vanilla and salt
- Get in there with your hands and really make sure everything is combined.
- Add your honey or maple syrup and peanut butter
- Finally add in any of your optional add ins, then mix again. You can also get back in there with your hands if you want to ensure everything gets combined.
- Using a scoop, or spoons, or just your hands, scoop a nice ball sized amount and then begin to roll them into little packages.
- Place it on a parchment lined plate or baking tray. Continue this process until you've used up all the dough.
- Chill the balls for 30 minutes to firm up, then enjoy!
- If you have a food processor, you can add everything to it, then pulse until the mixture is smooth (ish), then head to step 7.
want more din-spiration?
Need something else to snack on like these, banana bread energy bites? Then you seriously have to try smores pop tarts!
SOO GOOD! Enjoy! Meg xo
WANT TO COOK WITH MEG again? Head to our Cooking Classes to see all the different options! LIVE specialty classes via ZOOM for all ages, COOK AT YOUR OWN PACE packs that allow you to cook completely on your schedule, as well as LOTS of classes and mini camps for your KIDS + TEENS too! Switch up your meal routine and add some new recipes to the rotation! Get ready to have fun learning! I can’t wait to see you back again!