**NUT ALLERGIES: Skip the peanut sauce in the slaw and try one of our other variations! OPTIONS ARE ENDLESS!
Baked burgers are a thing? Yes! SO easy to make, you press into the dish, then pop into a hot oven and before you know it – uniform in size and perfectly seasoned! Then to twist it up, toss some peanut sauce into our regular coleslaw for a zippy nutty, and crunchy twist!
The combinations are endless, let your palette decide! Homemade baked burgers with asian peanut slaw!
baked burgers with seriously twisted slaws!
To take this up a notch, don’t stop with just asian slaw! Here are ways to spice up a regular bag of coleslaw veggies!
- NUT ALLERGIES – Try one of these below!
- Skip the mayo and add 1/4 c rice wine vinegar mixed with 1 tsp of sugar
- 1 tbsp honey, 1 tsp lime juice, 1/4 c vinegar
- 1/4 c mayo, 1/4 c sweet chili sauce
- 1/4 c mayo, 1 tsp curry powder, 1 tbsp maple syrup
Baked Burgers with Asian Slaw
- 1 lb lean ground beef any meat/meat substitute will do!
- 1 tbsp butter
- 4 hamburger buns rolls, bread, or skip the carbs!
- 1 bag shredded coleslaw make your own too! Purple cabbage, green cabbage + carrots
- 1/4 c mayo
- 1/4 c peanut sauce
- 1 squeeze lime juice optional
- 1 tsp honey optional
- 1 small handful of crushed peanuts or cashews optional
HOMEMADE PEANUT SAUCE
- ½ c peanut butter or nut butter
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp red chili flakes **optional and will add heat
- 2 tbsp lime juice vinegar works too
- 1/4 c water
- Preheat oven to 400
- Spray an 8×8 baking dish with nonstick spray or dot with butter
- Flatten out the ground beef into the pan, reaching all 4 corners
- Season with salt and pepper
- Bake for 30-35 mins, the patty will shrink but that's ok, it still stays square!
IF YOU ARE MAKING YOUR OWN HOMEMADE PEANUT SAUCE
- Blend all the ingredients together – whisk to combine, tasting as you go. You want a little creamy, a little sweet, a little heat.
- Blend your mayo and peanut sauce in a bowl, you can also squeeze in a little lime juice and a dash of honey for sweetness.
- Toss with slaw!
- TOP YOUR BURGERS AND ENJOY!
WANT MORE burger RECIPE INSPIRATION?
Enjoy! Meg xo