Pie and cupcakes…apple pie cupcakes!
Apple pie flavours all carefully tucked into a cupcake? Dare we even call them “muffins’? Who says pie is just for dessert? Try these muffins today, you will be sure to add the to your “make again” list!
apple pie cupcakes
- Muffin tin
- Paper or silicone liners (unless you plan to use non stick)
- Non stick spray (unless you use liners)
- 3 tbsp granulated white sugar
- 3 medium apples, cored, peeled and chopped – granny smith or fuji work best
- 1 tbsp lemon juice fresh or bottled
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp butter salted or unsalted
- 2 tsp all-purpose flour or cornstarch
- 1½ cup flour
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- ½ tsp salt
- ¾ cup granulated white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- ¾ cup /170g melted butter salted or unsalted
- 2 tsp vanilla
- ½ cup milk just not skim
- Mix the chopped up apples, sugar, lemon juice, cinnamon, and salt together in a medium bowl and set it off to the side. The lemon juice will prevent the apples from browning.
- In a small saucepan/pot, melt your butter, then add the apple mixture and cook until the apples are nice and tender and the mixture starts to get a little bubbly, about 5 mins.
- Next we will want to add the flour or cornstarch and keep stirring until the mixture thickens up.
- Take off the heat and pour out into a bowl to cool.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper or silicone liners.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk all the dry ingredients – flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
- In another bowl, beat sugar and eggs, then once mixed drizzle in the butter and vanilla.
- Now taking turns add the wet to the dry, until everything is smooth and creamy and fully mixed.
- Divide each batter evenly amoung the cups of the prepared muffin tin, then top each with a mound of apple filling. **we don't want the batter to puff up so much that apples go everywhere, so you might even want to fill the cipcakes up 1/2 way, to leave room for the apple topping.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean
- Let them cool completely and serve topped with frosting or whipped cream, OR just as they are!
want more din-spiration?
Did you love these apple pie cupcakes? Then try these pumpkin cream cheese cupcakes!
SOO GOOD! Enjoy! Meg xo
WANT TO COOK WITH MEG again? Head to our Cooking Classes to see all the different options! LIVE specialty classes via ZOOM for all ages, COOK AT YOUR OWN PACE packs that allow you to cook completely on your schedule, as well as LOTS of classes and mini camps for your KIDS + TEENS too! Switch up your meal routine and add some new recipes to the rotation! Get ready to have fun learning! I can’t wait to see you back again!