loaded cheesy goodness with these alfredo cheesy stuffed shells!
Alfredo sauce. Creamy, rich and delicious. Now we are going to mix that amazing alfredo with cubes of perfectly cooked chicken and broccoli chunks, then stuff al dente pasta shells and bake with mozzarella. YES PLEASE!
alfredo cheesy stuffed shells
- 1-12 oz box Jumbo Shells- please pre cook ahead of time, until al dente. They shouldn’t be fully cooked, but enough that we can pry them apart to fill. You can also use canneloni or manicotti!
- 2 cups cooked chicken- please have cooked, cubed, or shredded
- 1 cup chopped and blanched broccoli Bring water to a simmer and cook for 1 minute
- 2 cups alfredo sauce recipe ingredients below
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
RECIPE FOR ALFREDO SAUCE
- 3 tbsp butter salted or unsalted
- 1 clove garlic OR 1 tsp dried garlic powder
- 1 cup heavy cream/whipping cream
- 1¼ cups milk
- ⅔ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup freshly shredded Mozzarella cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook pasta shells according to package instructions, just until al dente.
- Drain water and lay shells out on a large cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and drizzled with a little olive oil so they don't stick.
- Let shells cool completely. You can even cover them with cling wrap, or spritz with non stick spray to keep them slippery.
COOK THE CHICKEN + BLANCH THE BROCCOLI FOR 1 MIN
LET'S MAKE THE ALFREDO SAUCE
- Combine butter, garlic, heavy cream and milk in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Bring to a simmer which is just below a boil, stirring the whole time. You don’t want to scald or burn the cream. Let it cook for about 5 minutes, until it starts to to thicken up a bit. **Note it will still totally be thin, this is ok!
- Remove from heat and stir in Parmesan and Mozzarella cheese. You will still find that your sauce is on the thinner side which is fine, because remember it's going to be added to the chicken + broccoli mixture, then baked in the oven. If this were pasta sauce on it's own, we could cook it on the stove a little while longer to really let the whipping cream thicken things up a bit more.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
MAKE THE FILLING MIXTURE
- In a large bowl toss together cubed or shredded cooked chicken, chopped broccoli.
- Add about 1 cup of the Alfredo sauce and stir together.
LET’S STUFF THE SHELLS
- Get a 9×13 baking dish prepared by non stick spray or a wipe of oil or butter.
- Add a couple spoonfuls of Alfredo sauce to the bottom of the baking pan. Swish it around so it coats the bottom a bit.
- Fill shells with a large spoonful of chicken and broccoli mixture and fill up the baking dish, side by side
- Pour remaining Alfredo sauce evenly over the shells. Sprinkle tops with Mozzarella and Parmesan cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees F. for about 25 minutes
- You want this to be bubbly, golden and smell amazing!
want more din-spiration?
Looking for another delicious pasta dish like these alfredo cheesy stuffed shells? Try the chicken lazone with cream pasta and broccoli!
SOO GOOD! Enjoy! Meg xo
WANT TO COOK WITH MEG again? Head to our Cooking Classes to see all the different options! LIVE specialty classes via ZOOM for all ages, COOK AT YOUR OWN PACE packs that allow you to cook completely on your schedule, as well as LOTS of classes and mini camps for your KIDS + TEENS too! Switch up your meal routine and add some new recipes to the rotation! Get ready to have fun learning! I can’t wait to see you back again!